Chicken combined with rice and green beans is a tasty and easy to prepare meal solution for guests or family.
Container: 3-quart casserole and a large sauce pan Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked (do not use instant rice)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound frozen green beans, slightly thawed
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons pimentos, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (use more if desired)
- 1 (2.8 oz. container) French fried onion rings (optional)
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Coat the casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large sauce pan, combine milk, cream soup, and rice.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat and add chicken, green beans, mushrooms, and pimentos.
Stir to combine.
Remove from heat and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
Spread shredded cheese on top of the mixture. Sprinkle the onion rings (if desired) on top of the cheese.
Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cover the casserole loosely with foil to prevent over-browning. Bake an additional 20 minutes.