Spicy Southwestern flavors are featured in this fabulous soup filled with hearty ingredients substantial enough to be a satisfying complete meal.
Container: skillet, large saucepan
Serving Description: 1 bowl full
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion medium sized and chopped
- 15 ounces black beans - rinsed
- 15 ounces pinto beans - drained
- 15 1/4 ounces corn - whole kernal, drained
- 28 ounces tomatoes - diced with juices, do not drain
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes
- 32 ounces tomato juice
- 1 package dry ranch mix
- 1 package taco seasoning
Mexican blend shredded cheese
* Brown the ground beef in a skillet with the chopped onion until no longer pink.
* Drain off any excess fat and add in both the ranch mix and the taco seasoning.
* Mix to combine the seasonings thoroughly with the ground beef.
* Transfer the meat to a large saucepan.
* Add in both kinds of beans, the corn, both kinds of tomatoes and the tomato juice.
* Stir to combine and heat through on medium heat.
* Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
* Garnish each bowl with shredded cheese and a dollup of sour cream.