2 chayotes (custard apples)
2 carrots, roughly chopped
2 onions (1 chopped, 1 quartered)
3 cloves of garlic
chilli to taste
salt and pepper
1 glass white wine
1) ash the crabs and cook for 10 minutes in a pan of boiling water, with the carrots, the quartered onion, thyme, parsley and seasoning. Set asidea nd allow to cool.
2) Scoop out the crab meat, saving a few claws for decoration.
3) Wash the chayotes, cut in half and cook for 20 minutes in salted water. 4) In a pan, cook the chopped onion, garlic, chives, parsley and chilli, then mix into te crab meat. Loosen with the white wine.
5) Scoop the chayote flesh from the skin (save the skin) and mash with a little olive oil and the lime juice. Stir in some bread crumbs and season.
6) Spoon the mash into the chayote skins, topping with the crab mixture. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and pass under the grill for 15 minutes, or until golden.