* Green peas 1.5 kg
* Onion - 2 medium size /120 gr
* Ground Meat - 1 1/2 cup/ 250 gr
* Margarine - 3 tablespoon/ 30 gr
* Tomatoe paste - 1 1/2 tablespoon/ 15 gr
* Salt - 2 teaspoon/ 12 gr
* Water - 3 cup/ 600 gr
* Sugar - 1/3 teaspoon/ 2 gr
Brown ground meat and chopped onions in margarine for 8-10 minutes or until meat is crumbly; drain. Add tomato paste and water; stir. Season with salt and sugar; mix well. Bring to boil. Stir in shelled peas. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Serve hot.
It is cooked in May and June when fresh peas are available. In other seasons, canned peas are used. It is always served with rice or bulgur pilaf which makes a good combinatian for lunch or dinner cacık goes well with it.