Meyhane Pilavi - Pasta - Rice
* 2 large Onions
* 450g/1lb Bulgur Wheat
* 350g/12oz Minced Lamb
* 1 teasp Black Pepper
* 2 tbsp Olive Oil
* 1/2 teasp Ground Allspice
* 4 Capsicum (Sweet Peppers), deseeded and sliced
* 1/2 teasp Ground Cinnamon
* 2 tbsp Tomatoes Puree
* 4 Tomatoes, chopped
* 960ml/32fl.oz. Boiling Water
* 2 teasp Salt
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and sauté over a medium heat for 5 minutes stirring.
2. Raise the heat, add the lamb and continue to fry, stirring from time to time until the meat is lightly browned and crumby.
3. Add the sliced peppers and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and tomatoes, mix well then cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the boiling water and salt, bring to the boil then stir in the bulgur, mixing well. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
6. Drain the excess liquid then add the black pepper, allspice and cinnamon. Mix well then remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.