Kisir - Appetizers
* 1 cup bulgur,* finely ground
* 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
* 2/3 cup boiling water
* Salad greens or boiled grape leaves
* 1 large onion, finely chopped
* Tomato slices
Put the bulgur in a bowl and stir in the water, a few spoonfuls at a time. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes at room temperature. Add onion to bulgur and combine thoroughly. Then stir in the other ingredients, seasoning to taste. Line a serving dish with salad greens or boiled vine leaves and top with the bulgur mixture. Garnish with sliced tomatoes or pickles. Serve at room temperature.
* Be sure to use bulgur, not cracked wheat.