Tas Kebabi - Meat - Poultry
* 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 2 1/2 pounds boneless lamb stew meat, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground allspice berries
* 2 medium-size onions, finely chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 6 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped green bell pepper
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup tomato paste
* 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leave
1. In a large, heavy casserole, melt 2 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat, then brown the lamb in it on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the lamb pieces with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons butter to the casserole, melt, and cook the onions and green pepper until the onions are soft, about 8 minutes, stirring. Add the tomato paste dissolved in the water. Stir well, scraping the bottom of the casserole, then add the allspice, cinnamon, salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons of parsley.
3. Return the lamb to the casserole, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the lamb is tender and the sauce thick, about 3 hours. Sprinkle the meat with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and serve.