Harput koftesi - Meat - Poultry
* 1/2 lb. Tomatoes cubed
* 1 1/2 Tb. Sp. Margarine or Butter
* 2/3 Cup Cracked Wheat (smallest size)
* 1/2 lb. Onion grated (1 medium)
* 1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef (%85 lean)
* 1/2 Tb. Sp. plus 1/2 t. Sp. Salt
* 1/4 t. Sp. plus a pinch Red Pepper
* 4 Cups Water
Mix ground beef, onions, cracked wheat, 1/2 Tb. Sp. salt and a pinch of red pepper well by hand. Shape into flat balls 1 1/2" in diameter and 1/2" thick. Yields about 62 balls.
Melt margarine in a pot add cubed tomatoes, 1/2 t. Sp. salt and 1/4 t. Sp. red pepper.
Fry on low heat 5-6 minutes.
Add 4 cups of water. Bring to boil. Add cracked wheat meat balls. Cook covered about 35-40 minutes on low heat.
Serve hot 8-10 servings