1. How often do you eat supper ?
a. last night
b. the day after tomorrow
c. every night
2. How about a cup of coffee ?
a. Yes I do.
b. Yes, please
c. No, please
d. No, I don't.
3. What can we do in a bank ?
a. mail a letter
b. send a package
c. open an account
d. buy a suit
4. It's four fifteen. What time is it ?
a. 4:15 hours
b. quarter to four
c. 15:15 hours
d. a quarter past four
5. He has a scholarship. What does he have ?
a. a government support
b. a class in the morning
c. a ship for traveling
d. a shower
6. He must go to the dentist
a. He should go
b. He has to go
c. He is able to go
d. He ought to go
7. She is preparing coffee
8. Mary should get in touch with her mother
d. call in
9. He ignored the blinking yellow light
d. turning on and off
10. He got the right answer
c. answer on the right
d. opposite left
11. Tickets are available for the show tonight.
c. sold out
12. Mary got to class on time
a. She was early
b. she was late
c. She was panty
She was punctual
13. The flight was canceled because of the rain
a. called off
b. called of
c. called for
d. called out
14. Silver and gold are metals
15. The room is stuffy.
d. with no (f****) air
16. You should do some physical training.
c. military training
17. He also speaks Spanish quite / well
18. He tore his new suit
a. took away
b. took apart
c. took part in
d. took up
19. John made a good grade on the exam.
a. got a good mark
b. copy some of it
c. wrote on the mark
d. sold his score
20. His car has much dirt on it
a. it needs to be fixed
b. it needs to be washed
c. it needs to be painted
d. it needs to be waxed
21. My hotel room faces Madison Avenue
a. look out of
b. look in on
c. look out on
d. look on out
22. Sue broke away from the crowd
a. joined away
b. joint from
c. scared of
d. stopped associating
23. Keep your eyes on the road
a. Be aware of
b. Be up for
c. had them fixed
d. got it cheap
24. The students checked out their suitcases.
b. paid for
c. had them fixed
d. got it cheap
25. My father enjoy reading the local news.
a. news in the continental
b. news in abroad
c. news in the city
d. news in the states
26. He fixed my car in an hour .
a. in a period of an hour
b. by a period of an hour
c. after one o'clock
d. between two hours
27. Tom is a very neat person
28. Mr. Jones tried out the plane
29. The hotel rooms are expensive
a. not cheap
30. I took swimming last year.
31. Robert failed in his last exam.
b. didn't pass
d. got a good grade
32. The weather was cloudy but it cleaned up last night
a. made rainy
b. became windy
d. hail stormed
33. Steve is not afraid to fly sole
a. with an instructor
c. in the back
d. in the front
34. I'm not used to drinking coffee
a. be used for
b. be accustomed to
c. be accustom to
d. be not accustomed to
35. Don't try this one on
36. The sleeves are not long enough
a. They are too long
b. They are short
c. They are wide
They are loose
37. Mary wrote a letter to Insurance Company
a. to get a letter
b. to borrow money
c. to compensate for the accident
d. to get her mother work
38. The merchandise are expensive here.
39. The suit for summer are on sale.
b. cheap (at a reduced price)
40. Mr. Smith and Mr. Brown are business partners.
a. friends with each other
b. doctors on the land
c. associated with another
d. communicate with another
41. The students made up their minds to go to party.
42. Occasionally Joe is going to the movies.
43. John is irritated with his friends.
a. bothered (annoyed)
44. They left out important words.
c. got use to
d. went on
45. He dreads going to the dentist.
a. is willing to
b. isn't afraid of
46. You should report at ****quarters at once.
d. at one time
47. Today's lecture is heard by everybody.
c. device of record
48. He pointed the corner and said " please sit there
a. He sit in the corner
b. He sit on the corner
c. He sit under the corner
d. He sit somewhere in the back
49. He said instrument Panel is very important.
a. a place where you sit
b. a place where you hang
c. a board holding the gauges
d. a vehicle you get on
50. He bought a light-weight uniform
a. clothes for flying
b. clothes for swimming
c. clothes for training
d. clothes for summer
51. He asked where he could find the weather news.
a. in the want ads section
b. in the weather report section
c. on the first page
d. on the editorial page
52. Larry seems very antagonistic
53. We had a thundershower last night.
a. a rain with snow
b. a rain with lightning
c. a snow with ice
d. a rain with sunlight..
54. Synthetic fabrics are made from _______________ .
c. artificial things
d. big plants
55. In summer 98% saturated air means __________ .
b. clear, sunny day
56. A thermometer is used to measure _______________ .
57. Competitive sports are ___________ .
a. played with a team against another
b. played with everybody
c. played with children
d. played with a group
58. Scales are used for ____________ .
a. stealing objects
. b. weighing objects
c. treasury of objects
d. driving objects
59. The man said turn off the faucet. He wanted us to __________ .
a. switch on
b. switch off
c. switch of
60. The dentist drilled Haymoor's tooth.
a. made a hole
b. put a medicine
c. gave him a shot
d. broke his teeth
61. Their mission was to blow up the building.
b. not to catch
62. I don't want to interrupt you.
a. cut off
c. cut out
d. cut in on
63. The sailors abandoned the burning ship.
64. Nylon differs from silk as to origin and cost
a. to be like
b. to be similar
c. to be unlike
d. to be same
65. He said "Hold the phone, please,"
a. hang up
b. answer it
c. don't hang up
d. catch it
66. New York and Boston are port cities.
a. important cities
b. harbor cities
c. capital cities
d. large cities
67. I can pass this car before the oncoming car gets here.
68. I don't believe in supersititions.
b. super things
c. good saying
d. bad beliefs
69. Mary and I do away with the old books.
a. threw away
70. John is a _____________ student than Mary.
71. I saw John last night.
a. tomorrow night
b. the night before yesterday
the other night
72. Which number is between 15 and 20.
73. In what season does snow fall?
74. What is the solid form of water?
75. Alice went to the movies two hours before 13.00. When did she go to the movies?
a. 09.00 hours
b. 11.00 hours
c. 13.00 hours
d. 15.00 hours
76. Bad weather hold up the flight.
77. There are many high buildings here.
78. I'll be back at ten o'clock.
a. in back of
79. Hotel prices are very expensive here.
80. Sue was sitting next to Mary in class.
d. in back of
81. She has to see the doctor right away.
a. ought to
d. be able to
82. All soldiers stand by to receive a message.
a. standing in order
b. standing at ease
c. standing at attention
d. be prepared
83. People must put out their camp fires.
a. put it out of tent
84. He sensed very sick yesterday.
85. They'll leave there for good.
a. being rich
c. for a short time
d. for merchandise
86. Allen called his wife up last night.
a. called her upstairs
b. telegraph her
87. My father is used to smoking
a. be accustomed to
b. become accustomed to
c. be accustom to
d. become accustom to
88. The plane will leave at 9.15 a.m.
89. Can I rely on you on this matter?
a. depend on
b. reply on
90. This TV. set needs to be fixed.
91. If you divide 100 by 5, the result is
92. The doctor looked the patient over carefully.
b. gave a shot
c. gave a medicine
d. gave a prescription
93. Two plus two equals four. This process is called
94. The plane landed the island.
95. You're in charge of the office.
a. have possession of
b. have responsibility for
c. have something done
d. have the money for
96. The storm made much damage last night.
b. a lot of
97. No, two dresses were alike.
a. two dresses were alike
b. two dresses were not alike
c. everyone's dresses were alike
d. everyone's dresses were different.
98. He called a cab so he will travel _____ .
a. by bus
b. by taxi
c. by private car
d. on a taxi
99. New York attracts many people every year.
a. many people visit there.
b. many people like there
c. some people spend a night there
d. everybody is pulled to New York
100. a. He looked the patient over.
b. He over looked the patient.
c. The patient looked he over.
d. The patient looked over him.
101. a. Did you get here when?
b. When did you here get?
c. When you get here?
d. When did you get here?
102. She _______ he ________ going to the movies.
a. and - is
b. or - were
c. or - was
d. and - was
103. It was a cold night.
a. Temperature was very high.
b. The weather was cloudy.
c. Temperature went down
d. It was a very dark night.
104. What is a sofa?
a. a place to eat
b. a place to sleep
c. a place to drink
d. a place to sit
105. After the fire drill he took down the ladder:
a. fall into chief
b. fell onto ground
c. pushed away
d. pulled down
106. He picked out the gray suit.
107. They ___________ on the exam in the morning.
a. made good
b. made well
c. did good
108. While ____________ you must be careful.
a. drive a car
b. a car driven
d. to drive a car
109. He goes to the cafeteria once in a while
d. for a short time
110. The engine of the car is not running
a. out of order
b. in good condition
c. in good shape
d. opening well
111. What can we use in lubrication?
d. unleaded kerosene
112. They try to avoid _______Turkish in class!
a. to speak
b. to speaking
d. for speaking
113. He is tired _________ studying English.
114. __________ is very dangerous on icy roads.
a. to speeding
115. ____________ is a hazard for workshop.
d. loosened suits
116. a. He writes to his wife many letters.
b. He writes his wife to many letters.
c. He writes many letters his wife.
d. He writes many letters to his wife._____
117. The high **** lights of an oncoming car makes the people annoyed.Because, they make people
a. hungry for the time
b. angry for dark moment
c. awake for a moment
d. blind for a moment
118. The knife isn't sharp.
c. cuts easily
119. I don't think it _________ rain.
120. There is a heavy traffic on city street.
a. a lot of cars on the streets
b. a lot of people on the streets
c. a lot of people and cars on the street
d. a lot of bumpy road in the city
121. I thought of him much.
c. respect for
122. He checks his car every day.
123. The light keeps turning on and off.
d. going out
124. We arrived at a place with stream.
c. small house
d. small river
125. She has a lot of time to study.
126. We have two or more different types.
d. lot of
127. Jane is _________ member of all.
a. the more clever
b. better clever
c. the most clever
128. She is as tall as her sister.
a. the same
b. different from
d. similar to
129. He _________ buy it if he had money.
c. would be
d. would have
130. You can never go there yourself, ________
a. can't you?
b. can you?
c. are you?
d. don't you?
131. They _______ him since 1971.
a. have gone
b. has gone
c. haven't seen
d. had been
132. He paid $ 0.75 for haircut, $ 0.25 for coffee
Which item is more expensive?
133. Mary bought some magazines ___________.
b. to reading
d. to read
134. It ________ make any difference to me.
135. He sent a letter to ________.
136. He came to class after it started. He was
137. Compass always points ______________.
138. He seldom goes to the movies.
c. not often
d. not always
139. The machine isn't running well,
so its condition is ________ .
140. This jacket has a good lining.
d. inner surface
141. Sgt. Coe got out of the room after him.
142. The class will start at 3 o'clock. When does the class start?
a. 15.00 p.m.
b. 15.00 hours
c. 15.00 a.m.
d. 15.00 afternoon
143. The job is still open.
a. not close
144. They came here and settled.
a. went to a new place and lived
b. sold a new house
c. bought a new plant
d. fixed the TV and radio
145. She is ___________ than her mother.
a. more short
c. more expensive
d. more nicer
146. It's a quarter before ten.
b. a quarter to nine
c. fifteen minutes after ten
d. fifteen minutes to ten
147. Light-weight uniforms are put on in ______ .
148. They search for the lost child.
149. He took off his hat. She did ________ .
150. The remainder of the sentence is not understood.
151. Jane worked the problem out easily.
152. You should see the doctor at once.
153. The dentist extracted john's tooth.
a. put a medicine
c. made a hole
d. pulled out
154. The police is looking into the criminal.
155. Many children look up to their parents.
b. take after
c. be similar to
156. They eliminate some of the students.
a. do away for
b. do away with
c. do away in
d. do away from
157. He felt (faint) for lack of food.
158. You should skip the dessert.
c. leave for
d. leave out
159. Extinguish your cigarette before throwing it.
a. put off
b. put out
c. put on
d. put aside
160. Review your notes before the exams.
a. look for
b. look in on
c. look up to
d. look over
161. He was tardy for class this morning.
c. old enough
162. He took over after his father.
a. assumed control
b. approved the facts
c. opposed with
d. saluted on
163. The resume is heard by everbody.
b. shortoned form of a speech
c. a lot of noise
d. a slight noise from machine
164. I bought a book on a digest of Roman Laws.
a. condensed form
b. strenghten form
c. largened form
d. dividing form
165. These trousers need to be taken up.
166. What would you like to drink?
167. She felt unconscious after the operation.
168. How would you like your meat?
a. T-bone steak
b. with wrapped
c. in a refrigirator
169. Did he drink much coffee?
a. No, he never
b. Yes, he ever drink
c. No, he never drink
d. Yes, he did
170. What do you see? I see fıve ----------?
171. Was it expensive to you?
a. it was expensive for buy.
b. it was for me expensive
c. it was expensive for me to buy
d. it was expensive to me to buy.
172. Do you need a complete rest after you are sick?
a. No I don't take it after you are sick..
b. Anybody needs it after he is sick.
c. Nobody needs it after he is sick.
d. Somebody needs it before he is sick.
173. Does she look like her mother?
a. take back
174. Does he go to class every morning?
a. Yes, she doesn't
b. No, she doesn't
c. No, he does
d. No,he doesn't
175. Can you get out of class?
a. If I can get money. I can.
b. If I can't get permission, I can
c. If I can't get books, I can't.
d. If I can get permission, I can.
176. It should come in any minute now.
177. Did she say that he ____________ come?
b. is going to
d. had have
178. Do you go with them to the party?
a. Yes he does
b. No she doesn't
c. Yes you do so
Yes I think so.
179. To be careless with arms is dangerous. What is dangerous?
a. to be careful with arms.
b. to break with arms
c. to be careless with guns
d. to be careless with armies.
180. What is the difference between 4 and 2 ?
181. Where did you wind up last night ?
a. in a hospital
b. to the clock
c. No, I didn't
d. I did wound up in home.
182. Did she say he would come?
a. yes, he would
b. yes, she would
c. no, she would
d. yes, she did
183. Is he a fast driver?
a. no, he is slow
b. yes, she comes fast
c. yes, he drives fast
d. she sometimes rides a bus.
184. He wears his hair down his ears.
a. he has long hair
b. he cuts his hair long
c. he has the barber cut his hair long.
d. he has long sideburns.
185. What do the streetcars use?
c. vapor diesel
d. stream power.
186. If you have a__________ . You can travel without pay.
b. money order
187. You pay a few cents for a transfer.
For what do you pay a few cents?
a. a bus
b. a transfer
c. a game
d. a show
188. Can't you come with me?
a. Yes, I do
b. Yes, I'm not
c. No, I'm not
d Yes, I can
189. You went to the movies with him, ___________
a. did you?
b. don't you?
c. doesn't he?
d. didn't you?
190. He decided to go at last.
b. at bottom
d. in the back of
191. He dated his letter on the ____________ .
d. last night
192. Many countries have kings but not __________ .
193. Who protects the country?
b. Armed Forces
194. The commander gave a ______________.
195. I wish I ____________ more English
b. have known
c. had known
196. Will you please do me a ______________?
197. Henry cought _____________ badly.
a. a fish
c. the police
d. his mother
198. Those two books are close ___________ .
a. next to
199. In many cities they don't charge people for ____________ .
b. a bus
c. a restaurant
200. My friend always makes me _____________ .
201. She makes the ______ every morning.
202. He will take a new job .
a. in a different city.
b. for a few money
c. for take more money
d. get more pay
203. Doctors must be ready to go out ....... .
a. with their cars
b. on a call
c. on a sunny day
d. on bad weather conditions
204. He should do it right away
205. He has of time to do it
c. a lot
206. What is the between you and me?
207. He drives more carefully than we ..............................
208. She knows more than.......................
d. anyone else
209. This situation is going to get ........................
d. at once
210. There are many mountain peaks in west.
211. Traffic is a problem --------------- city life.
212. I had him --------------- my letter.
213. She -------------- she'll buy it soon.
214. The bird flew --------------- the trees.
215. His mother told him ----------- early. (tell s/o to do s/t)
a. come back
b. to come back
c. coming back
d. came back
216. They sat close ------------------ in the clasroom.
b. next to
217. ------------------ I own is my (property)
218. All these --------------- made him very tired.
219. They are all voting for me.
a. against me
b. not against me
c. supporting me
d. possessing me
220. I am ---------------- such heavy traffic.
a. used to
b. using to
c. use to
d. using in
221. There are few mountain peaks in texas.
a. three of them
c. not much
d. not many
222. Uniforms are mandatory in class.
d. depends on you.
223. He will -------------- a speech.
224. Are you going to pass on the exam?
a. yes, I thinks so
b. yes, I imagine so
c. yes, he is going
d. yes I believes so.
225. I ' m not a pilot. --------------- am I.
226. They go to movies off and on.
227. This watch needs --------------------
a. to fix
d. be fixed
228. --------------- case of fire, pull the knob.
229. The slacks are on sale.
a. for sale
b. four sail
c. at a reduced price
230. When did you turn in last night?
a. go to bed
b. came back
c. be on time
231. It is good to make reservation in advance.
a. on time
b. at the station
232. There are many huge buildings here.
b. very large
233. He accepted the present---------------- pleasure
234. There are many rigid traffic rules.
235. The car stalled on the highway.
b. turned over
c. slowed down
236. He managed to start the car.
237. Neither he -------------- his parents are coming.
238. Would you mind ---------------- the door?
a. to open
239. I arrive ---------- the station at 6 o'clock.
240. I usually go by bus.
a. off and on
d. most of the time
241. The class is over at 3:20 pm.
242 I saw him ------------- .
c. to leave
d. for living
243. Look me ----------- in the directory.
244. He was under the weather yesterday.
a. in a rainy day
b. in a debt
d. very upset
245. You should take it individually.
a. one to by
b. one by one
c. one for one
d. one after one
246. They live there for good.
d. for ever
247. We should have a new furnace in here.
248. They imitate their parents.
a. look like
b. take after
249. You shouldn't increase the prices.
250. They got a ticket because of increasing.
b. not obeying the traffic lights
c. not obeying the policeman
d. ignoring the traffic sign.
251. Would you give me a ride?
c. writing letters
252. There is much room on the bus.
253. I'm putting weight.
c. less than usual
d. loading packages
254. It isn't familiar ----------------- Jane Hassel.
255. I am familiar ----------- that word.
256. He was a real wind bag.
b. chatler box
d. two faced
257. Jane was a two faced girl.
258. The thief was at large.
a. in prison
b. in a large place
259. Who brought up this subject?
b. carried up
d. took up
260. The flight was called off.
b. can celed
261. The book you bought was a good deal.
c. a lot
262. The commander called the Sgt. in
263. His score on ECL test was unbelieveable.
b. very high
c. very low
d. real success
264. Not only John ________ his uncle is coming.
265. Is it likely to rain this morning?
d. may be
266. We have quite ample food here.
267. Each person stands for his country.
268. He was late on account of heavy rain.
b. because of
c. rely on
d. depend on
269. Who took up the books?
a. covered with
c. brought upstairs
270. Where do we have a dense fog?
271. Who is a plumber ? A men who deals with.
272. The instructor handed in the papers.
c. pick out
273. She uses a lot of make up.
274. She had a valid excuse for missing the class
275. He had a temporary duty last year.
d. not permenant
276. I wish I _________ the money to him.
d. had given
277. Smoking is prohibited in here.
b. not allowed
c. not to be allowed
d. to be allowed
278. How much is that in ____________?
279. Where are the trousers that go with this suit?
a. come with
b. go by
c. go together
280. There is a booth in a laboratory.
a. a small enclosed place
b. a place to seat
c. shoes for training
d. a kind of vessel
281. Mary is a timid girl.
a. easily taken
b. easily frightened
d. hard to get
282. I don't care for hill billy music.
c. take after
d. listen to
283. You may find more data in school.
c. girls to date
d. something to study
284. There is a lot of barren land in Turkey.
a. fertile (verimli)
c. not fertile
285. There is a lot of arid land in Turkey.
286. There was abundant food left at the party.
287. Worn-out floor mats indicate high-miliage.
288. Please , take your time.
a. arrange your time
b. plan your work
c. don't hurry
d. hurry up
289. You can acquire money by working.
290. I got my ticket confirmed last night.
291. Weatherman predicts rain today.
292. They have something fragile in that box.
c. easily broken
293. Her father was well-off before death.
294. In comparison__________many countries
Turkey is fairly rich.
295. We have a stationary site there
296. Many people have numerous children.
c. a lot of
297. They tear down old buildings to restore
298. They calculated how many are coming.
299. The walls of the castle collapsed
b. caved in
300. The walls of the house hold it up.
d. put off
301. My shirt has a stiff collar.
c. rigid (sert)
302. When did you wax your car?
303. I bought a portable radio.
304. Have ou got any idea about solar system.
a. selling used cars and appliances
b. having to do with the sun
c. a system in modern math.
d. a system used in teaching
305. Don't use the rear door.
306. I wish him a merry christmas.
307. Sue is an industrious student in his class.
308. What are the dimensions of this class.
309. Why do we inflate the auto tires ?
a. put air in
b. put air out
310. Mary is an envious girl.
311. They have usually had drizzle there
a. heavy snow
b. heavy rain
c. light rain
d. rain with thunder
312. A shower is rain that falls for_____________ .
a. a long time
b. a short time
c. only in winter
d. a period of an hour
313. A cloudburst is a very_____________.
a. heavy rain
b. light rain
c. rain with thunder
d. rain and hail
314. When hail falls we say it ___________.
a. is hailed
b. is hailing
315. I jacked up the car before he came.
316. New York is famous for its skyscrapers.
a. Tall buildings
b. large houses
c. World's fair
317. He never fails to read books
a. sometimes reads
b. always read
c. usually reads
d. reads now and then
318. The blind_____________the people who need help.
319. Jane would have had enough money for the groceries if she hadn't bought a hat.
a. She bought a hat
b. She bought the groceries
c. She went to grocery
d. She didn't buy a hat
320. If the plane is due to at 7:15 and has been delayed a quarter of an hour .
ıt will arrive at _________.
321. Jane should have gone to the party instead of studying on Saturday night.
a. Jane didn't study but attended to the party.
b. Jane didn't study and didn't attend to the party.
c. Jane studied but didn't attend to the party.
d. Jane studied and attend to the party.
322. Henry slams the door and gets out.
a. closes slightly
b. opens a little
c. slips under
d. closes forcefully
323. Marry has to be more carefull,_____________.
a. has she ?
b. hasn't she ?
c. don't she ?
d. doesn't she ?
324. It must have been forgotten. Must shows __________.
325. Susan's suitcase was so full that it wouldn't shut. Susan's suitcase
d. overloaded (aşırı doldurulmuş)
326. Do they mind _______I open the door ?
327. The cowboy shot and bandit bit the dust .
c. lied down
328. Please lend me ___________ dollar.
a. a few
329. We never learn from history.
a. We learn many things by history
b. History is important in people's life
c. We repeat the mistakes of the past
d. We don't learn through history
330. The helicopter rescued the flood victims.
c. got rid of
331. The policeman directed him to the station.
332. After the accident he had a severe injury.
333. He is walking _______________ rain.
334. She waits on the customer fast.
a. waits for
b. pays for
335. He was a well-known artist.
d. very rich
336. Mother was holding _________ the child's hand.
337. Who gave you a ring last night ?
a. after marriage
b. a present
338. He was resuscitated after the operation.
339. you can handle the machine easily.
340. How are the rates for meal of this hotel?
341. How many floors do this hotel have ?
342. He took off the wheel to repair it.
343. What does the indicator read ?
344. The student's behaviour must be good.
345. Would you give me a hand ?
b. shake hands
c. a bread
d. hold a hand
346. There were many horses in the race.
347. Who asist the doctors in hospital ?
c. looks over
348. You are not allowed to copy in exams.
b. chase after
c. choke away
d. chop down
349. Have you got any chance to go out ?
350. You feel relaxed after taking a bath.
351. Normally I eat three times a day.
352. The plane was detained due to rain.
a. plan to
b. according to
c. as to
d. because of
353. The plane was detained due to rain.
354. My wife turns down all kinds of offers.
355. To tell the __________ he was very strong.
356. We'll maintain talking about him later.
357. We defeated the enemy in war.
358. Dr.Smith advised him to give up smoking.
b. admit defeats
359. She was well-attired at the party.
b. made up
360. Practically every American has two cars.
361. This patch outlines my job in the Army.
362. We ran ot of gas while driving to town.
363. Durable things last longer.
d. easily broken
364. They did many feats in their field.
365. I took it for granted that he was gone.
366. He got a new vocation in that field.
367. It's relevant with the other people.
368. What holds you up ?
369. Did you do away with these stuffy things ?
370. The ship is discharging
b. changing direction
371. Where did you come across that expression ?
372. We shouldn't believe in superstitions.
c. bad beliefs
d. super things
373. When did you hit the sack last night?
a. go to bed
374. He is addicted to smoking.
a. likes very much
b. habitually accustomed to
c. hates to do it
d. not accustomed to
375. He makes up these kind of stories.
376. He went to the bank to __________ some money.
377. The Lt. was put on red carpet by the commander.
a. bought a rug
378. The thermostat is used to regulate the temperature in the class.
379. What regulates the temperature ?
380. __________ liquids must be kept carefully.
381. I am tired of ______ books
a. to read
b. to reading
382. I would have gone there if I _________ .
b. didn't sleep
c. hadn't sleep
d. hadn't slept
383. He has a nickel and three cents. He has ______.
a. 4 cents
b. 6 cents
c. 13 cents
d. 8 cents
384. We'll be there at exactly three o'clock.
a. untill three o'clock
b. about three o'clock
c. at 1500 hours sharp
d. by three o'clock
385. It's three forty-five.
a. a quarter to five
b. a quarter to four
c. a quarter past three
d. a quarter to three
386. Attending to the meeting was optional
a. everybody should go there
b. Some students will go to the meeting
c. They had a must to go there
d. They had a choice of attending to the meeting
387. He is the tallest member of the team.
a. He is taller.
b. He is taller than the other members.
c. The other members are short
d. They are all shorter than other team.
388. He drives as ___________ Mary does.
a. many than
b. much so
c. fast as
d. as fast as
389. She sings __________ of the three.
a. the more melodiously
b. the most melodious
c. the most melodiously
390. He will make a good pilot.
a. He teaches how to fly.
b. He wants to fly
c. He learns pilot in squadron.
d. He writes records for pilot.
391. He is going to take a pilot training.
a. He will be a teacher
b. He wants to take exam.
c. He is going to fly.
d. He will buy a book about flying.
392. Why don't you avoid ______ ?
b. to smoke
d. to smoking
393. ___________ is a good exercise.
d. to swimming
394. I'll put those books in place ______ you can find them.
395. Don't you understand English ?
a. No, I don't
b. Yes, I don't
c. Yes I never
d. No, I ever do
396. What is the result called in addition ?
397. I got my lessons ___________ .
a. to forwarded
d. to forward
398. He __________go to the movies, does he ?
b. doesn't never
c. doesn't ever
399. I never go to the library , ______ ?
a. do I
b. don't I
c. am I
d. am I not
400. Because it was snowing outside, _____ .
a. We went to the picnic.
b. We went to the movie.
c. We didn't go anywhere.
d. We didn't stay home instead.
401. It was snowing badly. ?
a. with dirt
402. What happens to the water at 32 F ?
a. it freezes
b. it boils
c. it is heated
d. nothing remarkable
403. Who takes care when you have a trouble with your car ?
d. repair shop
404. He is interested ________ photography.
405. He was bored _______ studying English.
406. Neither father nor Mary smokes.
a. She doesn't smoke
b. He doesn't smoke
c. They don't smoke
d. They smoke
407. Both Mary and Sue speak Spanish.
a. They don't speak Spanish
b. They speak Spanish
c. She doesn't speak Spanish
d. She speaks Spanish and English.
408. Both Mary and Sue drink coffee. Who drinks coffee?
a. Mary or Sue
b. Mary in Sue
c. Sue with Mary
d. Mary and Sue
409. Neither father ___________ mother sleeps.
410. Neither Ira nor I __________
d. weren't smoking
411. Both you and I ________
d. was smoking
412. The airplanes fly ______ one continent ________ another less than 24
a. to - and from
b. from - to
c. over - in
to – over
413. The bank is near the Post Office
a. close to
b. next to
c. closed to
414. There were many things behind the house.
a. on the side of
b. in the front of
c. in the back of
d. on opposite of
415. He was used to _________ coffee.
416. Using the electricity makes people have more _____________ .
b. leisure time
417. The police officer said "Pull over your car".
b. decrease your speed
c. slow down
d. have another car pulled
418. There was a minute particle in it.
a. a hand
c. 60 seconds
419. Flammable liquids must be kept in ________ containers.
420. They must be kept in safe places.
421. I am tired ______ reading that book.
422. What should you do when the teacher asks you a question?
a. write it down
b. record it
c. answer it
d. erase it
423. What is the air we breathe?
a. a blue gas
b. several gases together
c. gases containing water
d. a compound
424. He has much time to do the work.
b. little time
c. a lot of time
d. very time
425. He has a pain in his waist.
a. rigth at the stomach
b. below his stomach
c. in his foot
d. in his ankle
426. He lost one of his grand parents.
a. his father's mother
b. his father who is 90
c. his brother's father
d. his father
427. He wasn't ***** in the class this morning.
a. He wasn't sleepy.
b. He was careful.
c. He was sleepy
d. He couldn't sleep.
428. He was eager to eat big dinner.
a. In the cafeteria
b. He has a good appetite
c. at four o'clock
d. bread and meat
429. You should contact with your instructor.
a. touch with your instructor
b. forget your instructor
c. get in touch with your instructor
d. remember your instructor
430. They were blinking the light.
a. turning the light on
b. turning the light off
c. turning the light to the right and left
d. turning the light off and on.
431. They have the key to the right room.
c. opposite on the left
432. They have three rooms available
a. There were three rooms at the hotel
b. There were three clerks at the hotel
c. Three rooms are ready to be used
d. Three rooms are full with customers
433. He was punctual at the school.
a. never came late
c. always late to class
d. unusual student
434. They canceled the meeting at 4:30 .
a. called it off
b. called for it
c. called about it
d. called in for it.
435. Post office was quite a distance from school.
b. close to
c. far away
436. He tore his suit while playing.
a. made a paint in it
b. made a hole in it
c. made a dirt in it
d. made a stitch in it
437. He failed on the test.
a. made a good score
b. missed few question
c. his score was unsatisfactory
d. received help on the exam
438. It was cloudy last night. But it cleared up this morning , didn't it?
a. It got worse yesterday
b. The clouds went away last night.
c. It was clear last night
d. It was cloudy but clouds went away.
439. When it is hailing we say the weather is _______
d. sunny day
440. They intend to go to USA next year.
a. wish to
b. plan to
441. American food tastes ________ when one gets used to it.
b. very best
c. more good
d. more best
442. He told his son to turn the TV on If he ____
a. should want
b. would want
d. wanted to
443. If I had more time , I _____ him a letter.
a. have written
b. had written
c. would have written
d. would write
444. The trouble ___________ by the mechanics
a. was located
c. was to located
d. was locating
445 They __________ since two o'clock.
a. are waiting here
b. wait here
c. has waited here
d. have waited here
446. I have been in this school _____________.
a. for six weeks
b. since six weeks
c. while six weeks
to six weeks
447. How do you check a performance of a new car?
a. by looking at it
b. by driving it
c. by paying for it
d. by repairing it
448. We are having beautiful weather this February but a month ago we had snow.
a. We had snow in January
b. We had snow in March
c. We had snow in December
d. We have beautiful weather every month.
449. I can't go with you _____ I'm busy.
d. because of
450. How far is it to the school?
a. four minutes
b. near the Post office
c. six miles
d. far away to school
451. Where do we get money order?
a. at the bank
b. at the finance office
c. at the post office
d. at the school
452. After seeing the dog I feared.
453. He took the flower __________ the table.
454. Do you mind ___________ the window?
a. to open
d. to be opened
455. The molecules are far apart.
a. close each other
b. away from each other
c. next to each other
d. right to each other
456. They sent the books by means of air mail
457. I would go to the movies ıf I ____ time.
458. Can you get resume of the book?
a. assume control
459. What is your main aim to study English ?
460. You can realize the main point when you study that book.
c. to know
d. become aware
461. We depend on rubber for its so many uses.
a. count on
462. Did the mechanic find out the trouble
463. You need poor copper to do that.
464. Babies need pure milk to grow.