- 160 g celeriac, sliced
- 4 tomatoes
- 10 ml olive oil
- 10 g sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 pinch sugar, pepper
To Dry the Tomatoes (do the day before) :
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C)
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, remove seeds.
- Sprinkle a baking tray with salt, sugar and pepper.
- Slice garlic carefully.
- Put tomatoes on baking tray, with a slice of garlic under each one.
- Put in ove, for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Blanch the the basil in boiling water, with sea salt.
- Refresh with iced water.
- Strain and mix.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Cook in the same water, refresh and season. Put to one side.
- Season each piece of tomato with basil.
- Place a couple of pieces of tomato on each plate and top with celeriac (see photo).
Try making ‘vegetable crisps’ for a fun starter or snack : Thinly slice some beetroot, courgette, celery, carrots or any other vegetables you fancy, then arrange on an oven tray.
Cook at a very low heat for 30 minutes, by which time the vegetables will have lost their liquid and become crisp and crunchy, without any oil !